Thursday, September 10, 2009

woe is me, my budget suffers

i was able to catch District 9, but GI Joe will have to wait for the 1.50 theatre... just couldn't justify 15 bucks for what may be an intellectually weak film. it'll have explosions, sure, but that isn't ALL that i want to pay for...
so, part 3 of the movie review will wait until GI Joe makes it to the cheap seats.

accordingly, i've also had to pay attention to where my other entertainment money goes... my wife got me tickets to U2 in October, and we are seeing Derek Webb this month, followed by Mute Math in November, and each of those tickets takes some intentional budgeting.

back in college, i had money to waste (this is a statement from that perspective). Now, almost every dollar must be accounted for, and this is not a natural thing for me to do! thankfully, God still provides me opportunities to supplement my budget in ways that are both a blessing to me and a way for me to bless others - weddings, worship events, guitar lessons, chapel at Cape Fear... all of these things allow me to have money to spend on my beautiful wife (whose birthday is next week!), to spend on movies/music/comics, and to buy Christmas gifts. i feel like, the closer we get to having children, the more that my 'side money' is going to have a different focus... namely, the child! gotta save for his/her first guitar, after all.

still working on that definition of "evangelical," by the way... hoping to sit down and focus on it in the next couple weeks, before Home Group really starts up for us.

No comments: